Friday 29 September 2017

Mini review: Everless by Sara Holland

In the land of Sempera, time is extracted from blood and used as payment. Jules Ember and her father were once servants at Everless, the wealthy Gerling family’s estate, but were cast out after of a fateful accident a decade ago. Now, Jules’s father is reaching his last hour, and she will do anything to save him. Desperate to earn time, she arrives at the palace as it prepares for a royal wedding, ready to begin her search into childhood secrets that she once believed to be no more than myths. As she uncovers lost truths, Jules spirals deeper into a past she hardly recognizes, and faces an ancient and dangerous foe who threatens her future and the future of time itself.

- Add to GoodReads
Publication date: 02/01/18 

Everless, to put it simply, was an enjoyable read.

For me, 2017, has been a slow reading year. I've DNF'd quite a few books, which sucks. Everless piqued my interest when I read the summary, but after all the DNFing I've been doing I kept my expectations low. 

Everless is exactly what I needed, it wasn't amazing, but it was fun and held my attention throughout. The world build was interesting and although the mc was a little naive, frustratingly so at times, she was nevertheless likable. Her kindness and determination was admirable. 

The twists and turns kept me turning the pages, I wanted to see where the story would go and puzzle out the mc's past along with her.

Overall, it was a good read and I'm very intrigued to see where the story goes in the sequel.  

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning on reading this next year but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete