Friday 3 February 2023

Review: These Infinite Threads by Tahereh Mafi

Alizeh is the heir to the Jinn throne and fulfills a long-foretold prophecy of a Jinn sovereign destined to free her people from the half-lives they’ve been forced to live under the rule of humans.

Kamran is the heir to the human throne, and he’s being pressured to marry before he becomes king. When he falls in love with Alizeh and subsequently learns her true identity, he must question everything he’s been taught about Jinn and their future in his kingdom. 

📌 Add to GoodReads
📌 Publication date: 02/02/2023
📌 Disclaimer: I received an e-arc from the publisher for review

I'm sure all bookworms can agree that the greatest feeling, after finishing a sequel you've been eagerly anticipating, is when it leaves you feeling thoroughly satisfied. One of the best things about this series is the main character, Alizeh. I just adore her so much. She's kind, compassionate, and strong willed. It's been a while since I've loved a main character quite as much as her. Plot wise, this picks up exactly where book one ended. There is a lot of exploring and set up, which leaves room for an action packed follow up. The secondary characters were great, from Omid and Hazan to (unexpectedly) Miss Huda. 

I won't lie. The thing I was most nervous about when going into These Infinite Threads was what direction the romance would take. I wasn't a fan of the romance between Kamran and Alizeh in the This Woven Kingdom as it was too insta-lovey for me. Especially on Kamran's side. I was more interested in getting to know Cyrus, the mysterious character we're introduced to towards the end of the first book. I mean I was already shipping them and they hardly even had any page time! Well, my wish was answered, we get to know more about him in this book as Alizeh is whisked away to his kingdom. And chapter 23. Wow, is all I'll say. Still, I have to admit that I'm scared about the next book in the series. I have no idea how the romance is going to play out, especially as Mafi did me dirty with the romance in the Shatter Me series, I just pray that's not the case here. 

These Infinite Threads was definitely was one of my favourite books of 2022. The wait for book three is going to be painful! 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment