Saturday 4 March 2017

Mini reviews: Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz & Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder

I'm a fan of Horowitz's Alex Rider and Power of Five series, so I was intrigued when I saw that he was writing a murder mystery.

Magpie Murder's features two murder mysteries, there's a story within the story. It was cleverly crafted and both held my attention. They were equally unpredictable as I honestly had no clue who the murderers were, and was trying to solve the mystery along with the two main characters. The story within the story actually gave me Agatha Christie vibes, whose Hercule Poirot books I adore.  

All in all, Magpie Murders was an enjoyable read.

- Add to GoodReads

Rating:


The original Study trilogy holds a special place in my heart. It's the trilogy that first got me into YA high fantasy, which is now my favourite genre.

Dawn study has all the usual ingredients of a Study book. Yelena and Valek kicking butt with the gang, plot twists, adventure, and of course romance.

I'll miss the characters and the world, but I think this is the right place for the series to end.

Overall, the final book in the Study series was thoroughly satisfying.

- Add to GoodReads

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I loved the Power of Five series! Might have to check out the Anthony Horowitz one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had Magpie Murders on my wishlist before but completely forgot all about it. Loved that it gave you Agatha Christie vibes! Made me want to consider this book again!

    ReplyDelete