Saturday 21 September 2013

The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot

GoodReads Summary: Heather Wells is used to having her cake and eating it too, but this time her cake just might be cooked. Her wedding cake, that is.

With her upcoming nuptials to PI Cooper Cartwright only weeks away, Heather's already stressed. And when a pretty junior turns up dead, Heather's sure things can't get worse—until every student in the dorm where she works is a possible suspect, and Heather's long-lost mother shows up.

Heather has no time for a tearful mother and bride reunion. She has a wedding to pull off and a murder to solve. Instead of wedding bells, she might be hearing wedding bullets, but she's determined to bring the bad guys to justice if it's the last thing she does . . . and this time, it just might be.

- Add to GoodReads
Expected publication date: 24/09/13

Meg Cabot is one of my favourite authors, reading a book by her gives me that warm enveloping feeling of coming home.

In TBWS12 Heather has got a lot on her plate. Not only does she have wedding plans to make, but she also has to deal with: yet another death, a VIR (Very Important Resident), and her mum(!).

Heather has really grown throughout the series. In the final book you can see that she’s happy with where’s she at, because she 1) no longer obsesses over her weight 2) is marrying the man of her dreams 3) has a wonderful and supportive array of friends and 4) has a job that she loves. She's come along way since book 1 and I for one am proud of her.

I love the relationship between Heather and Cooper. Their constant back and forth is hilarious, and Cooper's protectiveness towards Heather is sweet. I also like how Cooper doesn't immediately rush to Heather’s side thinking that she needs be rescued. Instead he lets her handle the situation -like the tough cookie she is- on her own, and is there and ready to jump in should she need him.

And of course where would the Heather Wells Mysteries series be without it's colour cast of characters. From Gavin the flirt, and Magda the lady with the bubbly personality to Cooper's crazy sisters and Lisa, Heather's boss. This wonderful bunch add a good dose of humour and fun to the book.

Overall, for a happily ever after girl like myself I thought it was a perfect end to the series.

"I'll have a fingers sandwich for you when I get home, big boy," I say, lowering my voice to a sexy growl.
Cooper sounds delighted.
 "Whoa. Is that a promise?"
"Uh..." I was actually joking. I'm not even sure what a finger sandwich is, in sexual terms. Is it a thing?
* Quote from e-arc. May be subject to change.

Rating:

10 comments:

  1. I really need to pick up this series! I love the sound of the relationship here, not to mention the secondary characters, and character growth over the course of a series is always something I look out for. Lovely review, Renu - you've definitely convinced me to pick up these books!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this series but I am so glad you loved the way it ended. It sounds like a great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "warm enveloping feeling of coming home"-> I WANT. I miss Meg Cabot and used to love this series- so it sounds like a great comfort read! I think I'm two books behind.

    Recently reading the Cuckoo's Calling by Galbraith aka JKR gave me a similar feeling :) Ah, authors of my childhood <33 Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of Meg Cabot unlike you- but funny cute romances are always something I enjoy reading.

    Lovely review, Renu! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I love that quote. Meg Cabot's humour is wonderful. I really like the sound of Heather and Cooper's relationship here. I reckon it could work for me quite well. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great you enjoyed this one!! I really want to check this series out at some point, as I have yet to read an adult Meg Cabot book. I love her humor though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand what you mean by "coming back home" when reading Meg Cabot books! I feel the same way! I love Meg Cabot's humor, so this sounds awesome! Great review, glad this was a good end to a series!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't started this series and I honestly I'm not brave enough to read anything by Meg. I enjoyed her Princess books but I'm afraid that her books are too girly for my taste. I'm not huge on chick-lit. Still I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, interesting quote ;) Glad you enjoyed this book so much. <3 haven't checked out the series yet, but it does seem kind of good :) Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jasprit loved this series and this last book, too. I really need to pick it up! It's nice when a series ends well! Wonderful review, Renu! :)

    ReplyDelete