Chloe Burke has had re-occurring nightmares of a fire and a strange boy with intense eyes for as long she can remember . The horror of her nightmares is replaced with the death of her father. It's been two months, but the pain is still fresh. After her fathers death her mum has become over protective for reasons unknown to Chloe. Chloe rebels and that's how she finds herself on the date from hell. Wanting to go home she instead finds herself in a terrifying situation, and then when the boy from her dream appears her world becomes filled with darkness and fire and everything changes...GoodReads Summary: Chloe Burke has nightmares of a world burned to ash and the strange boy who saves them both.
Underneath the dreams lurks a deeply buried reality; Chloe and a handful of others are survivors of a decade old apocalypse that burned their home world to the ground.
Now their ancient enemies hunt them again. To keep their adopted world safe, Chloe must undergo a ritual of blood sacrifice that will have life-long consequences if she survives. Her lethal protector, Eliot Gray, must keep her alive long enough to do it.
Together they will uncover even more dangerous secrets buried in the past’s deepest, darkest ashes.
- Add to GoodReads
Worlds Burn Through is a stunning novella with a unique plot, fierce characters and an ending that will leave you wanting more!
- I immediately took a liking to Chloe, she's stubborn, head-strong and she can take care of herself - qualities I like to see in mcs!
- Her guardian Elliot is protective, mysterious and a real fighter. The obvious care he showed towards Chloe was heart-warming and I look forward to learning more about him in volume 2.
- Worlds Burn Through is mostly told from Chloe and Elliot's POV. If you've read my previous reviews you'll know that I like it when a story is told from both the male and female mc's perspective.
- The supporting characters are all interesting and there is a point in the novella where the POV changes to a character that I'm intrigued by and hope to see more of in the sequel.
- The story is unique and the plot face-paced, like Chloe I still have many unanswered questions that I'm desperate to find the answers to.
- Although there wasn't any romance I have feeling there will be in the next volume.
- My only complaint is that it's a novella which means it's pretty short. When I got to the end my reaction was "Nooo, it can't be finished! I need to know what happens next!" So, as you can tell I am pretty eager to read the next volume.