Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

GoodReads Summary: What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.
The Vampire Stalker is a wonderfully unique read with romance, humour and mystery.

Amy is definitely relate-able to us book lovers. I mean we all have crushes on fictional characters every now and then don't we? I also really liked her personality; she is caring, kind and selfless. This is what I look for in a heroine - I'm not a fan of the sarcastic, snark-y type.

The romance between Amy and Alexander was sweet, and not at all rushed. As Amy learns more about Alexander she begins to separate him for the character she read about in the books to the person he really is. The development of their relationship was slow burning and really enjoyable to read about.

The characters were all very likeable, I loved getting to know them and was sad to leave them behind when the book came to a finish.

If you're looking for a quick, light, fun, read I definitely recommend The Vampire Stalker!

“I must do whatever I can to find the best partners possible."
"Did you kick their butts?"
He frowned. "The buttocks are among the least sensitive places to hit someone."
I laughed. "It's a figure of speech."
"To kick butts. Interesting.”

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, yes. Haha, all I can think about when I read the summary for this book is, "I would totally do that." I think I'd relate to Amy quite well ;) Great review! I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I want to read this one! I'm gonna have to purchase soon. Seems like everyone is reading it right now lol
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the description is certainly interesting. My eyes almost popped out of my head. Fab review!

    ReplyDelete